Join Cub Scouts for Rocket Launch 2020
Saturday August 22 |10:00-12:00pm
Rain Date: Sunday, August 23 | 10am -12pm
Shepard Middle School park
440 Grove Ave., Deerfield
Prior to attending this Cub Scout, please fill out an attendance form to help us plan a successful Rocket Launch.
Print Health Form and bring it with you on August 22nd
Rockets for launching will be provided by Cub Scouts Pack 50 on Launch Day.
Assembled rockets will be available to visitors on launch day.
Please assemble your rocket at home and bring it with you to launch. Allow the glue to dry overnight.
Follow the assembly instructions printed in the package and use the tips below.
- Decorate and name your rocket for quick and easy identification
- Do not glue or paint the nosecone into position... it must easily pop out to release the recovery streamer.
- Refer to your Rocket Kit instructions and see attached pictures below for a final look of the rocket
Mistakes to Avoid
- Take care NOT to glue the motor mount tube glue backward. The end with the thrust ring should be in the middle of the rocket tube, not sticking out of the end
- Take care NOT to install the motor clip backward
- Take care NOT to install the motor clip on the same side of the tube as the launch rod guide hole on the orange fins. Note in the picture below the guide hole is on top of the tube and the motor clip is on the bottom.
- Make sure to install the streamer
- Take care NOT to glue or paint the nose cone into place.