Tiger, Wolf, and Bear Cub Scouts
The Cub Scout uniform consists of the following parts:
- Shirt—The official uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets and "Boy Scouts of America" lettered in gold above the right pocket. Pack 130 recommends short sleeves in a shirt big enough to put another shirt under in the winter. Remember get it big (down to the knees on your Tiger and it might make it through Bear) so it will last longer and you won't have to sew on the patches to many times!
- Trousers or shorts—Official blue. Pack 130 members wear nice blue jeans, or nice blue jean or navy shorts.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle and Tiger, Cub Scout, or Webelos Scout emblem. It is nice to have since we issue belt adventure loops that fit on it for advancement.
- Cap—Official navy-blue cap with orange front panel and tiger emblem for Tiger, yellow panel and wolf emblem for Wolf Cub Scouts, blue panel and bear emblem for Bear Cub Scouts. Webelos Scouts wear an olive cap with a plain panel bearing the Webelos logo.
- Neckerchief—Triangular neckerchief is orange with navy-blue trim for Tigers, gold with navy-blue trim for Wolf Cub Scouts, light blue with navy-blue trim for Bear Cub Scouts, and plaid for Webelos Scouts. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs boys should wear. Packs should not make their own pack neckerchiefs for boys.
- Neckerchief slide—Official gold-tone metal slide with the Tiger Cub, Cub Scout, or Webelos logo. Boys may wear handmade neckerchief slides.
Webelos Scouts wear the tan/olive uniform similar to the one Boy Scouts wear.
For the tan/olive uniform, boys wear the official Boy Scout olive trousers or shorts and official Boy Scout tan long- or short-sleeved shirt with blue shoulder loops. fficial olive socks (with red tops) are worn with the tan/olive uniform.
Webelos Scouts wear the Webelos neckerchief (plaid with the Webelos emblem), Webelos neckerchief slide (handmade slides are also acceptable), Webelos cap, and Webelos belt buckle.
Note that the Webelos belt buckle will fit either the blue or the olive belt, but the belt loop recognitions for the Cub Scout adventures fit only on the blue web belt.
Cub Scouts should wear his uniform to all Cub Scouting activities, including den and pack meetings, unit outings, and any activities done with members of the den or pack. When playing sports, going to camp, or participating in other physical activities, a pack may opt to have the Cub Scouts wear an alternate uniform (we use a standard blue tee with our Pack 130 logo), such as an activity shirt. Pack leaders should provide advance notice of any occasion when the boys should wear anything other than the complete uniform. Our shirts go for $10.00 and sweatshirts for $15.00.
Any time you are uncertain about uniform regulations, ask the Den Leader for guidance.
Uniforms can be purchased at the following location or via internet:
Lincoln Heritage Council has a National Scout Shop in the local service area.
Sam Swope Scout Center
12001 Sycamore Station Place
Louisville, Kentucky 40299
The main number: 502-361-2624 or 1-877-334-2674
|Monday - Friday
|| 8:30a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
||Hours have changed so please call prior.