Troop 179's
Home Page
About Us
Upcoming Events
Summer Camp
Religious Emblems
Svc Project Ideas

Boy Scout Troop 179
(Virginia Beach, Virginia)
ScoutLander Contact Our Troop Member Login

Membership Applications

Visit Tidewater Council website and select forms from the Main Menu Bar to obtain the latest forms from the BSA National Office and from our council service center.  Youth and Adult Membership and Merit Badge Counselor Application forms can be found under the Header: Scouting Forms From the National Council.

Medical Forms and Information

The current BSA National Medical forms can be downloaded from

They can also be accessed and downloaded via the Tidewater Council's website Select Forms from the menu bar and then scroll down and click on the Health and Safety forms option. Scroll down and click on Annual Health and Medical Record. 

Contact Marie Kane,, for details and to ensure you have the latest forms.  Once completed, submit three copies to her and keep the original for your records.  Also, we need to maintain a front and backside copy of the medical insurance card.

Which form parts doess each scout and leader need to submit?
Parts A and B are required for weekend trips.
Parts A, B and C are required for long term camping.
High Adventure activities, including Philmont, require that all participants meet the High Adventure requirements and specific height and body mass standards.

Refer to Medical Frequently Questions for additonal information at

Medical forms are required to be on file for each scout and leader.

OA - Order of the Arrow Blue Heron Lodge

Tidewater Council OA Blue Heron Lodge (#349) Information.

See the Lodge's website at for Event Registration Form for Ordeals, Fellowship, and other event dates and cost information.

Princess Anne Chapter meets every second Tuesday of the month at Latter Day Saints Church (4780 Princess Anne Road Virginia Beach, VA). The meetings run from 7:30 to 8:30PM. (This is also the same time and place as the Princess Anne District Roundtable.)

Interpreter Strip

Youth and adults may wear the Interpreter Strip if they show their knowledge of a foreign language or the sign language for the hearing impaired by:

1. Carrying on a five-minute conversation in this language.
2. Translating a two-minute speech or address.
3. Writing a letter in the language (does not apply for sign language).
4. Translating 200 words from the written word.

Currently there are 16 language that you can apply for. The languages are listed at the bottom of the application form.

Print form and have your language teacher sign it.
Bring completed form to the Scoutmaster for signature and submission.
Once form is approved, the Interpreter Strip will be award at the next Court of Honor.